" . English . " English

Forums

big girl

REWORKING MANA BARRIER

options   83 members have voted

1. 1. Damage affect non MB HP first, or after?

• Remove non MB HP first, which is the bonus HP from desaus + earrings. This favours the mages more
    • Keep mb how it is

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

hello amigos,

Following from our discussion with shockdot in the last post made in the suggestions section; we are having a vote on how MB should be reworked, or whether it should be reworked at all.

The general consensus is that MB should stop scaling on Desaus and earrings, which is probably the best solution as newbies will be the least affected...

So using the example we had in the original post, a mage has-

Base HP: 5k(base and vit) + 3k (tc buff) = 8k hp

Bonus HP: 4.5k (3x g3 desaus) + 400 (2 earrings at 200 lvl each) = 4.9k hp

Total HP: Base + Bonus = 12.9k hp

Currently MB scales on total HP, that means the 60% dmg reduction applies to the 12.9k HP the mage has, effective HP will be 32250.

If MB stops scaling on desaus and earring, effective HP will be 24900.

So either solution is DMG clears bonus HP first which takes 4.9 k DMG in our example, then subsequent dmg affects base HP, which has MB reduction so it will take 20k dmg to finish the guy off.

Or reverse the order- affect base HP first with 20k dmg, then finish the remaining 4.9k bonus hp off...

The order matters not so much, as total effective HP is the same, except having non MB for last might be confusing for mages when their last bit of HP drops so quickly.

Fantasy, Pleaides and Kazpyr like this

So over the last week I think now this entire debate on mages has increased ALOT used to be a minor problem and yes I can say it was a issue seeing how me and ayo both could not drop a bm with g3 crows but drop archers like flys..

But now the main people crying are Big Boy and enemy....Yes I agree mages are very tanky but if theres going to be changes on them do it for 160s 200+ they can still die.

Big boy is a high dex archer with 3x g3 desaus and does not die or is insanely hard to kill now last time I checked archers don't have mana barrier???? its less about mana barrier but more so that everyone has so much hp now due to earings and these charms that EVERY CLASS can be completely unkillable.

In that argument with shockdot you had you kept bringing up how rms do very high damage and are tanky but what are fists with g3 kats high vit or archers like yours?

Now I voted no for the overall nerf but I would vote yes if it was like remove desaus from 160- pvp

1 last thing bigboy your over here mad about mana barrier but you cal everyone you kill mainly mages 1 shot or half shot? if that's true wouldn't that make this post incorrect?

Copy and paste from the other thread

Mages are tanky indeed, although playing as a mage, the lack of communication from the opposing side is what makes my life easy. Mana weapons are in the game for a reason, you have the options of a mana gaunt, a mana steal bow and a vast staff which are not as utilized as often as they should be. Although when they are, often times I'll be able to run around without it because I do not get focused when my mana barrier is dropped and this is just a lack of communication issue. A nerf to mages that would be understandable is making the CD on mana barrier higher, so that when mana barrier is dropped a mage cannot simply put it back up in seconds. Additionally, the example used of having 3 G3 Desaus, this is end game gear and is very hard to obtain, having 3 G3 desaus should make you tanky regardless of which class you are.

That is my opinion, and I will go with no.

I agree completely with influence it is completely the lack of communication like you mad about mages being unkillable but we kill mages easily because of communication like that one war we were out numbered by a lot verso had yellow mage buffs white mage buffs mana gaunt fists but we still won the war? should of very easily lost but a lot of veros works on their own not as a team they go for the easier kill not the key people that's keeping everyone alive/ killing everyone

Its not our fault everyone in Flawless doesnt no how to pvp....also during wars the only person that doesnt die from 3 mages doing perfect stacks and masters is BIG BOY an archer with slyph buff. Maybe archers should lose the ability to use slyph buff.

copied from a post on basically the same kind of thread.

another option that should be considered is having desau/earings/hp buff give a percent hp instead of set amount.
You could also do this with marv pots, make them percent based of the mages 40/60 MB ratio.

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

copied from a post on basically the same kind of thread.

another option that should be considered is having desau/earings/hp buff give a percent hp instead of set amount.
You could also do this with marv pots, make them percent based of the mages 40/60 MB ratio.

Marv pots may have to be a mage class item for it to work ie. only marv % pots work for the mage class

To be honest, every class should be tanky with 3xG3 desaus and 2x level.400 earings. but no one has a full set yet in the server. However, BIG BOY's archer (KAYTRANADA) is a great example of showing how strong of 3xG3 desaus are. He can tank 3-5 mages from what I've seen. So PLEASE do not only judge in 1 class. And yes, desau is powerful, but 3x G3 desau is not as easy to collect yet. In my opinion, G3 desau and lv.400 earings should be a motivation to all players in the game instead of being a obstacle to weaken any class. 

Viper likes this

hehe the mage comunity shits on.

they preffer  game die because mages are brokenly op.

bro see the numbers above with 628 vig u have a affective hp pool of 28k+   that aint healthy.

and pots that healh 3.75k ea   like wtf man. lets give every class 28k hp on 628 vig   and give them zips of 3.75k health pots?  to balance this game????

just so many dumb *****  that cant see when a balance is needed.

Secret and Pleaides like this

there shouldent even be a poll for this to happen.

gm should know whats going on with the classes at anypoint.

why do we need to keep making polls for a balancing patch?????

you know these kinds of polls wont make it.

because once somthing is "OP"  most people play that class.

While PVP, communication in a team creates better chemistry. Don't weaken any class because of g3 desau, earing, etc.  As big girl said, 60% dmg reducttion applies to the 12.9k HP to 32k. But TECHNIQUELY, the 32k HP is not staying on mage during pvp. This game has designed different G3 weapons to balance out all classes. Mana Steal G3 Weapons is a great example of how other classes can easily break mana barrier if a team has a good communication

xiaodi likes this

Edit: the scenarios in my post are talking mostly about a big fight like frozenland war

People say that lack of communication and failure to use weapons designed to kill mages is the problem? You need at least 2 archer using triplelockdown to drop MB and most of the time you can outpot that way too easy if there isnt 5+ other people focusing the mage too.

Trying to use special arrow with manabow is pretty much a suicide in a big fight.

Assuming the fight is say... 10 v 10 if you try to manasteal with a fist you get dropped instantly if you focus a key target not even considering the fact that blue mages have a skill that makes it impossible to drop mana barrier for 2minutes.

Like in my case and with my shitty gear and g1 desaus only time I drop fast(without having 10+ people attacking me) is when you bring warheart(or a RM with similiar gear) with someone BTing for him even then it requires too much effort to kill a shitter like me. 

Yeah I guess Manasteal weapons can work against a RM and in some rare cases against BM, those classes are most of the time playing the in the backlines of the fight so they can just run backwards for a moment forcing their enemies to run into the whole enemy party/nation/transformer club desperately trying to kill a single mage.

Perhaps this isn't the correct way to nerf mages but the high damage potential along with so much tankiness is just out of this world and this nerf would require mages to stat more into VIG to have the same tankiness forcing them to choose between high damage and ridiculous tankiness.

Also why the FUCK can a RANGED HIGH DAMAGE CLASS take WAY more punishment than a FIST WARRIOR who has to go balls deep in to fight to do anything???????

Pleaides likes this

1 hour ago, hatebreeder said:

Edit: the scenarios in my post are talking mostly about a big fight like frozenland war

People say that lack of communication and failure to use weapons designed to kill mages is the problem? You need at least 2 archer using triplelockdown to drop MB and most of the time you can outpot that way too easy if there isnt 5+ other people focusing the mage too.

Trying to use special arrow with manabow is pretty much a suicide in a big fight.

Assuming the fight is say... 10 v 10 if you try to manasteal with a fist you get dropped instantly if you focus a key target not even considering the fact that blue mages have a skill that makes it impossible to drop mana barrier for 2minutes.

Like in my case and with my shitty gear and g1 desaus only time I drop fast(without having 10+ people attacking me) is when you bring warheart(or a RM with similiar gear) with someone BTing for him even then it requires too much effort to kill a shitter like me. 

Yeah I guess Manasteal weapons can work against a RM and in some rare cases against BM, those classes are most of the time playing the in the backlines of the fight so they can just run backwards for a moment forcing their enemies to run into the whole enemy party/nation/transformer club desperately trying to kill a single mage.

Perhaps this isn't the correct way to nerf mages but the high damage potential along with so much tankiness is just out of this world and this nerf would require mages to stat more into VIG to have the same tankiness forcing them to choose between high damage and ridiculous tankiness.

Also why the FUCK can a RANGED HIGH DAMAGE CLASS take WAY more punishment than a FIST WARRIOR who has to go balls deep in to fight to do anything???????

Ok so your talking about damage. Have you used a rm in 201+ content without black touch????? Damage is pretty useless

Now lets talk about every class geared for a second in 2v2s atleast and i can say this all from experience

A rm and bm clearly the rm now can do more damage due to bt so those 2 work perfect together correct?

have you tried a blade and fist combo both 300s and geared? i can honestly say when i played blade when i was with a fist i could easily drop a rm and bm its just so much damage being dealt if you can survive the combos you more and likely will win.

Now archers are more lone wolf classes but i can say that the only class that is unkillable or very difficult to kil with PA and SS is mages. Blades fists other archers more then half the time will die from just pa ss.  but can still tank a huge amount and deal a great amount of damage.

Tbh the game looks pretty balanced its just all about playing with the classes that benefit you the most.

I get trash talked when i play on my ym without a bm cause clearly im never gonna kill you and i tested earlier without my deau charms a 13k ap  archer could not kill my rm in a 1v1 but id never kill them either. so less complaining now only reason id ever think about having a class balance is cause im lazy and would love to class change my blade but other then that the game honestly doesnt need a class balance again if anything maybe a slight boost on blades but thats it

now the main thing i dont understand is why on earth the person who can tank like 6 mages and calls EVERYONE half shot or 1 shot making a post demanding that mana barrier be nerfed? 

He didn't have to make the post, he did it before anyone else. As you can see there's quite a few other people who are voting in favor, why are you singling him out? 

5 hours ago, feifan said:

While PVP, communication in a team creates better chemistry. Don't weaken any class because of g3 desau, earing, etc.  As big girl said, 60% dmg reducttion applies to the 12.9k HP to 32k. But TECHNIQUELY, the 32k HP is not staying on mage during pvp. This game has designed different G3 weapons to balance out all classes. Mana Steal G3 Weapons is a great example of how other classes can easily break mana barrier if a team has a good communication

This is honestly extremely well put and couldn't of been said any better. Even though mages have a lot of HP because of the 40/60 Ratio there is no other class out there that can have more than 50% of there HP (because of mana steal weapons) stripped from them in 1 or 2 hits. This is all due to the fact that Veros nation has no communication with there team and or very few due.

P.S. On another side note this pole is extremely unfair. Half of the people playing don't understand English and aren't aware of this post and what is going on because they are CN. That is literally half if not more of this games population. 

garfield likes this

On the other hand, Blade is now getting less benefit in pvp compare to fist. Therefore, I would like to suggest the game master to take a consideration on the attack speed/move speed on Blade by increading the duration on Zombie Orc Blood.

yes,i do agree with feifan, communication,is a key during pvp.Not only from those mana steal G3s, by stunning a mage,and put a Silence Aura fast enough can also break mana barrier

guy's just 1 thing.

how come ingame you all dont speak a worth english.

and here you all type like you just came from harvard.

One thing I would like to point out is archer is one of the best classes to take out a mage. If an archer is used correctly they can easily drop any mage. Everyone knows Ricky (Aka Shockdot), I guarantee if he came on and played archer against any mage he would win. Simply because he knows how to play the class. People complain that there is know mechanics behind this game and everything is dependent on what gear you have. In fact it plays 50% of it, the other 50% is knowing what skills to use against what class at what time. People like Big Boy who spends lots of money, and has the best gear in the game wants to kill everyone in ONE hit. That's just not realistic.

P.S. On another side note this pole is extremely unfair. Half of the people playing don't understand English and aren't aware of this post and what is going on because they are CN. That is literally half if not more of this games population. 

This is very true, Ricky needs to ask the CN's there opinions because a lot of them cant vote because they don't understand how. If Ricky would like to ask there opinions I can get him in a chat room with all the CN's to voice there opinion (because they can speak some English and would be able to understand what they have to say) and would see how adjusting the mages HP and MANA is a horrible idea and should be left exactly how it is right now.

yjh1102 likes this