" . English . " English

Forums

Jump to content
aVantage

Some required basic fixes

35 posts in this topic

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist or a diehard mothaflowa to see that there is an issue in the game that needs GM attention. When your game has many of these types of forums, from a population that is declining, you need to put your balls on the plate and step up. Here are the top 3 most needed fixes as of right now. 


1) Mages (Blue/Black/Yellow/ whatever) are the single most OP class in the entire game. A level 300 mage with 628 Vit has approximately 4000 HP, couple that to a 3,000 HP TC buff (almost doubling the HP of a mage) and 3 of G3 charms (each 1500HP) puts them at a total of 11,500 HP. So that means a mage has an effective HP of 28,750 due to mana barrier. Does that sound normal for a class that can hit the hardest, and tank the most? It would be more useful if the charms were to add 4,500HP but not be factored into the equation for mana barrier. What this means is that the first 4,500 damage from full HP is not deducted from the mana barrier, resulting in 22000 effective HP for mages. It is not healthy for the game to have an invincible class. 

 

2) It has been mentioned over and over again that the game needs some sort of online moderator/game sage. Newbie chat is out of control! The amount of shit talk that is currently occurring in newbie chat, name calling, degrading other players is NOT ACCEPTABLE. A simple screen shot and send in is not cutting it anymore. Any player who offends another player needs to get their mouth cleaned with a bar of soap and muted for a solid amount of days. Or does this game deny the existence of online harassment? When has a GM last spent time online just monitoring the chats? We need multiple game sages.  

 

3) Lastly, this game needs testers. Did you know that in order to be a Turf Battles tester you NEED to donate 1,000 US Dollars. Hello? Did you just say 1,000 dollars? After every balancing update, bug fix update, new content update, new item update etc, there turns out to be more bugs, unfixed bugs, more balancing to do, and etc. Then instead of enjoying the game, we have to spend weeks or months trying to get the stubborn GM to change anything. In order to this, we need to make forum posts, message personally, and argue back and forth until one of us will give up. The current population of this game is a joke. At times the chat is dead empty, and the majority of players online can be found afk at yuba or WH. You can not expect people to pay 1,000 USD to become a tester for a game with a population less than that of a transformer midget strip club.

 

In about a couple months there will be no turf battles left for us to enjoy because one man did not want to accept the help of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WORDS! 

 

We should fix the things/bugs before new stuff is added. If u dont do that, it will end with a huge amount of bugs and unfixed stuff. Ppl are leaving atm and there will be no1 left soon.

 

I rly hope they start to show us that they actually care about the community and about all the support we give to the game. I would say LAST CHANCE!

 

1. mages op, we all agree and since we cant test balancing, the change u suggested would be the first step so test if the mages would be more balanced. 10/10

 

2. sad but true! There is more shttalking then help for newbie or marketposts. Ingame moderators are needed 100%!

 

3. no1 will pay 1'000dollars to just test things for the game. At this point we have to be happy to find ppl which will test all the stuff! No1 can run a game alone or in a team of 2! Take the help from us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aVantage said:

1) Mages (Blue/Black/Yellow/ whatever) are the single most OP class in the entire game. A level 300 mage with 628 Vit has approximately 4000 HP, couple that to a 3,000 HP TC buff (almost doubling the HP of a mage) and 3 of G3 charms (each 1500HP) puts them at a total of 11,500 HP. So that means a mage has an effective HP of 28,750 due to mana barrier. Does that sound normal for a class that can hit the hardest, and tank the most? It would be more useful if the charms were to add 4,500HP but not be factored into the equation for mana barrier. What this means is that the first 4,500 damage from full HP is not deducted from the mana barrier, resulting in 22000 effective HP for mages. It is not healthy for the game to have an invincible class. 

 

This...

 

Dont forget mages have insane potting potential as well. A marv pot over MB is essentially a flat 3.75k hp pot; a pot that heals 3.75k hp regardless of user lvl and hp pool; a 3.75k hp pot that virtuallynever runs out.  No wonder all thats left of nado is a bunch of mages running around perma tanking each other. 

 

Don't scale MB on earrings and desaus as alex suggested; that will be the right thing to do... as newbies without the desaus will be unaffected

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah a lvl 300 mage with 12k-15k HP and 10K+ AP  can tank 7 people INCLUDING one of us using a mana steal wep but kill someone in 1-2 combos is ridiculous. Once one of these mages come to a PvP zone the rest of us don't even bother to come back because it's so pointless to even try pking them. I like cash cow updates as much as the next guy but without basic crap fixed on here there's going to be no players left ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big girl said:

Dont forget mages have insane potting potential as well. A marv pot over MB is essentially a flat 3.75k hp pot; a pot that heals 3.75k hp regardless of user lvl and hp pool; a 3.75k hp pot that virtuallynever runs out. 

This! As a BM player if you dont burst me in a split second im not dieing. You need 15 people if you wanna DPS a mage to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aVantage said:

1) Mages (Blue/Black/Yellow/ whatever) are the single most OP class in the entire game. A level 300 mage with 628 Vit has approximately 4000 HP, couple that to a 3,000 HP TC buff (almost doubling the HP of a mage) and 3 of G3 charms (each 1500HP) puts them at a total of 11,500 HP. So that means a mage has an effective HP of 28,750 due to mana barrier. Does that sound normal for a class that can hit the hardest, and tank the most? It would be more useful if the charms were to add 4,500HP but not be factored into the equation for mana barrier. What this means is that the first 4,500 damage from full HP is not deducted from the mana barrier, resulting in 22000 effective HP for mages. It is not healthy for the game to have an invincible class. 

Glad you mentioned this. When it was first proposed the person who proposed it was asked to make a topic about it to see what the community thought of this change, he decided not to make a post (needless to say).

 

We're not against balance changes, as long as they make sense and it has community support behind it. To be clear, what you're recommending is to have MB drop once the users base HP is removed? For example.

 

A BM, let's call him NoobAlex...

  • NoobAlex has 5000 BASE HP
  • NoobAlex has 3 G3's Desaus (4500 HP)
  • NoobAlex has 2 Level 200 HP Earrings (400 HP).
  • Total of 9900 HP

Now let's say a 2 players come along and attack NoobAlex. What YOU'RE saying is that NoobAlex should lose his mana barrier when one of the following happens:

  • His Mana reaches 0 (current setup).
  • His CURRENT HP reaches the value of his TOTAL HP - BASE HP (9900-5000=4900)

 

 

 

4 hours ago, aVantage said:

2) It has been mentioned over and over again that the game needs some sort of online moderator/game sage. Newbie chat is out of control! The amount of shit talk that is currently occurring in newbie chat, name calling, degrading other players is NOT ACCEPTABLE. A simple screen shot and send in is not cutting it anymore. Any player who offends another player needs to get their mouth cleaned with a bar of soap and muted for a solid amount of days. Or does this game deny the existence of online harassment? When has a GM last spent time online just monitoring the chats? We need multiple game sages.  

We've addressed this issue already, so I'm not going to spend too much time writing about it here. Game Moderators will be selected once we have some website changes released. (Expected Mid May/Early June, along with some other nice things). On a simpler note though.... You say a SS is not enough (but it usually is), but rarely do people report users & even more rarely do people use the in game block system. The last report for offensive language we received was a few days ago, the user provided a screenshot and the person being offensive was muted within 5 minutes of looking at the screenshot and verifying with the logs. 

 

 

4 hours ago, aVantage said:

3) Lastly, this game needs testers. Did you know that in order to be a Turf Battles tester you NEED to donate 1,000 US Dollars. Hello? Did you just say 1,000 dollars? After every balancing update, bug fix update, new content update, new item update etc, there turns out to be more bugs, unfixed bugs, more balancing to do, and etc. Then instead of enjoying the game, we have to spend weeks or months trying to get the stubborn GM to change anything. In order to this, we need to make forum posts, message personally, and argue back and forth until one of us will give up. The current population of this game is a joke. At times the chat is dead empty, and the majority of players online can be found afk at yuba or WH. You can not expect people to pay 1,000 USD to become a tester for a game with a population less than that of a transformer midget strip club.

This is completely wrong (no offence). Elite Testers aren't users who are tasked with a job of testing changes or content (although if they choose to, they can). They are users who support the game. They are users who get insider scoops on updates, changes, future content, etc. They are able to access the Test Server (when it's online) with their accounts, play around, do their own thing, test rates for themselves, use GM commands while on the test server, etc.

 

 

 

I'd like to reiterate 2 things with my above post.

  • We're always up to make changes to the game (some might take longer than others, and some might get delayed due to priorities). However, when changes like these are requested, it actually REQUIRES that it be requested and there to be a clear show of community support for it. Not a refusal to even start the conversation as the original person did.
  • If someone is doing something you think might be against the rules or even offensive in nature (to the point where a block isn't enough)... Report it! We'll look into it, and, if needed, act on it.
  • In a nutshell... Don't just sit around and expect the things you want to happen, to magically happen when you aren't even confident enough in your own ideas to voice your thoughts or opinions. If you have something to speak about, speak it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, shockdot said:

A BM, let's call him NoobAlex...

  • NoobAlex has 5000 BASE HP
  • NoobAlex has 3 G3's Desaus (4500 HP)
  • NoobAlex has 2 Level 200 HP Earrings (400 HP).
  • Total of 9900 HP

Now let's say a 2 players come along and attack NoobAlex. What YOU'RE saying is that NoobAlex should lose his mana barrier when one of the following happens:

  • His Mana reaches 0 (current setup).
  • His CURRENT HP reaches the value of his TOTAL HP - BASE HP (9900-5000=4900)


No.

What hes saying is a 9900 HP BM, his effective should be 4900/0.4+4500

 

Once his HP dips below 4900 , his mana barrier should start doing work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Secret said:


No.

What hes saying is a 9900 HP BM, his effective should be 4900/0.4+4500

 

Once his HP dips below 4900 , his mana barrier should start doing work.

You mean once it dips below 5000, right? Otherwise what you're saying would be to have Mana Barrier only work with Bonus HP values (so if u have no Desaus/Earrings it would never work lol).

 

Sounds fine to me (again given show of community support for it), but less of a nurf than the method I outlined (which I guess makes sense in terms of not wanting to over nurf).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Secret said:


No.

What hes saying is a 9900 HP BM, his effective should be 4900/0.4+4500

 

Once his HP dips below 4900 , his mana barrier should start doing work.

 

it should be (5000+3000)/0.4+4500+400=24900

which with unlimited 3.75k pots is still quite op 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shockdot said:

You mean once it dips below 5000, right?

 

Sounds fine to me (again given show of community support for it), but less of a nurf than the method I outlined (which I guess makes sense in terms of not wanting to over nurf).

what is the method you outlined?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shockdot said:

You mean once it dips below 5000, right?

 

Sounds fine to me (again given show of community support for it), but less of a nurf than the method I outlined (which I guess makes sense in terms of not wanting to over nurf).


No actually, when it dips below 5400. (9900HP - 4500 HP from Desaus )

The HP gained from Desaus shouldn't be scaled by Mana barrier, thats what hes saying.

If you see 9900/0.4 = 24750 Effective HP
What hes trying to tell u is 5400/0.4+4500= 18000 Effective HP

 

So when a mage With 9900 HP gets attacked by someone, lets say he hits him 5000 damage, he loses 4500 HP , then the other 500 damage gets calculated by mana barrier's damage reduction. so he loses 200 HP and 300 Mana.

hatebreeder likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, big girl said:

what is the method you outlined?

It's outlined in my post above.

 

7 minutes ago, Secret said:


No actually, when it dips below 5400. (9900HP - 4500 HP from Desaus )

The HP gained from Desaus shouldn't be scaled by Mana barrier, thats what hes saying.

If you see 9900/0.4 = 24750 Effective HP
What hes trying to tell u is 5400/0.4+4500= 18000 Effective HP

 

So when a mage With 9900 HP gets attacked by someone, lets say he hits him 5000 damage, he loses 4500 HP , then the other 500 damage gets calculated by mana barrier's damage reduction. so he loses 200 HP and 300 Mana.

So you're saying to only exclude Desau HP? Not Earring HP? (which is what that extra 400 comes from, if the earrings are only 200 each)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shockdot said:

 

It's outlined in my post above.

 

So you're saying to only exclude Desau HP? Not Earring HP? (which is what that extra 400 comes from, if the earrings are only 200 each)

I dont see it?

 

MB should be off when hp = desau + earring, which is 4900 hp in ur example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you're giving a different explanation than what Secret was saying (yours is what I was saying).

Talking about this part of my post.... First post I made in this topic.

 

54 minutes ago, shockdot said:

A BM, let's call him NoobAlex...

  • NoobAlex has 5000 BASE HP
  • NoobAlex has 3 G3's Desaus (4500 HP)
  • NoobAlex has 2 Level 200 HP Earrings (400 HP).
  • Total of 9900 HP

Now let's say a 2 players come along and attack NoobAlex. What YOU'RE saying is that NoobAlex should lose his mana barrier when one of the following happens:

  • His Mana reaches 0 (current setup).
  • His CURRENT HP reaches the value of his TOTAL HP - BASE HP (9900-5000=4900)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shockdot said:

Now you're giving a different explanation than what Secret was saying (yours is what I was saying).

Talking about this part of my post.... First post I made in this topic.

 

 

 

No, his is wrong that would mean MB only scales on desau and earrings, im sure he meant 4.9k

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No you arent understanding shockdot.....................................lol

 


Can u imagine a mage with 4000 BASE HP at 618 vig?

That mage's 4000 HP is 40-60'd with MB

If he buffs TC buff, he has 7000 HP , which is still 40-60 with MB, first issue.

 

Then he has 3x 1500 HP from Desau and 800 HP from earring thats 12300 HP , all 40-60'd. 

 

That makes the mage have 12300/0.4 = 30750 Effective HP.....now tell me why can a class with insane damage have 30750 Effective hp? Lmao.

 

The idea hes trying to say is, to not factor Desau HP and Earring HP into the MB dmg reduction(convertion to MP)

 

So if a 12300 HP mage described above gets hit 10.000 damage, he loses 5300 hp right away ( Desau and Earring )


Then the remaining 7000 HP gets deducted by 40% of 4700 ( 1880 ) and the remaining 60% goes to MP,  2820 Mana lost.

 

Effective HP is calculated (7000/0.4)+5300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, big girl said:

 

No, his is wrong that would mean MB only scales on desau and earrings, im sure he meant 4.9k

 

You mean 5K xD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Secret said:

No you arent understanding shockdot.....................................lol

 


Can u imagine a mage with 4000 BASE HP at 618 vig?

That mage's 4000 HP is 40-60'd with MB

If he buffs TC buff, he has 7000 HP , which is still 40-60 with MB, first issue.

 

Then he has 3x 1500 HP from Desau and 800 HP from earring thats 12300 HP , all 40-60'd. 

 

That makes the mage have 12300/0.4 = 30750 Effective HP.....now tell me why can a class with insane damage have 30750 Effective hp? Lmao.

 

The idea hes trying to say is, to not factor Desau HP and Earring HP into the MB dmg reduction(convertion to MP)

 

So if a 12300 HP mage described above gets hit 10.000 damage, he loses 5300 hp right away ( Desau and Earring )


Then the remaining 7000 HP gets deducted by 40% of 4700 ( 1880 ) and the remaining 60% goes to MP,  2820 Mana lost.

 

Effective HP is calculated (7000/0.4)+5300

Number discrepancies aside, that's what I was saying....

 

The first damage taken does not get reduced by mana barrier UNTIL your HP is below or equal to your Base HP + your Bonus HP.

 

 

So if you have 5K Base + 4.5K Bouns (9.5K).... Mana barrier would not do anything until your HP was 5k or lower....

 

But what bigboy was saying was to have mana barrier turn off (like I said in my original post) when you reach 5k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. Mage is too tanky with desau. My mage has 372 vit and with 3x g3 i can tank more than physical classes. Thats not suppose to be like that.

 

600 vit and 1800str fist tanks way less :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Secret said:

Yeah. Mage is too tanky with desau. My mage has 372 vit and with 3x g3 i can tank more than physical classes. Thats not suppose to be like that.

 

600 vit and 1800str fist tanks way less :P

 

or nado RM tanking 300 archer or 300 fist with 98 kata 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand what you are saying with having everything go 40/60 ratio for Desues on a mage. But as a RM you have no protection against mana stealing weapons (Mana Bow-Mana Gaunt). If there is one good player on you with a mana gaunt and or bow you cant do any combo as a RM. As a RM you also dont have any attack for close range fights such as a Fist or Blade coming at you or any class for that matter. As seen in previous wars if there are two people using mana weapons and one person doing dmg a RM is instantly dead. Also on a side note RM's cant even solo PVP because they need BT to kill almost anyone. So to some up what im trying to say is 

 

1. RM's have no Mana Rebirth (All there "HP" can get stripped away from them) (Cant even attack a target)

2. They have no close range attacks like ice driver (They have to attack from distance)

3.They need BT to kill anyone unless there target is in +4 set and is a new player and maybe slightly retarded.

and you want to take half of there HP away from them. Honestly i think everyone has gone off the deep end on this one. It truly makes no sense.

 

For Example, Krayz the supposedly god BM comes into Soccer with 9/8 set 8/7 or 8/8 Rings, 9/5 Bands, 8/7 Neck Humble gown 3x G3 Desues and 1k Charm and gets rolled in 5 seconds by a 300 RM and 300BM. If played correctly he should be able to survive but doesn't. If you no how to play a class as a team you can do a good amount of dmg. If not....don't cry about it and make stupid posts on the forums. Now take away his 4500 HP (G3 Desues) and i bet he would die in 1 second because 1 hit with any class would take 4500 HP away from a mage.

 

P.S. I'm trying to keep this as professional as possible so please reply back as respectfully as possible. These are my thoughts and want to know what you guys think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I no you are KrayZ (Enemy) but my points are valid and i think something else needs to be done instead of what is stated above. Taking half of a mages HP away is stupid. Anyone with a 9 weapon would take 4500 HP away from a mage in 1 hit if not protected with Mana Barrier. If a RM is getting hit with a mana weapon it will instantly die from another class...any class...lvl 250+ if this update happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now