" . English . " English

Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shockdot

Story Time Event

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, as many of you already know... We've been hard at work working on new content for the game that makes the game more newbie and low level friendly.

One of the biggest parts of these changes are new quests! While we are making our own quests and quest lines, we've also decided to allow you, the users, to suggest quests and quest story lines. Anyone who creates a Quest that is chosen to continue on into the game will receive anywhere from 10-100 TC, per quest or Quest story line.

The amount of TC awarded is dependent on the grade of the content you will be writing. Not all submissions will be chosen, only the quests that sound good, have potential, and make sense.

What type of quests will not be accepted?

• Quests that essentially are only telling the user to go out and kill 5 monsters and then come back are a no go.
  • Intricate and well-thought quests are great, but if the quest is too complex or requires functionality that is just not feasible... It won't be selected.
  • Quests that have already been suggested or added will not be considered (don't copy another persons work). Even if the idea of the quest is the same and the names and monsters are different it will not be counted unless the story is different enough.
  • Quests with offensive, copyrights, or pertaining to sensitive topics will not be considered.

How is the amount of TC awarded chosen?

This all depends on the quality of the quest you are submitting.

• If the quest is quick and easy the amount of TC will be less. However, remember quests that are too long aren't any fun either, and should probably be split into multiple quests to form a Quest Story-line.
  • If the quest is interesting, makes us want to read more, and holds our attention... The reward will be greater. 
  • If the writing, grammar, and spelling of the quest and it's story is pristine enough that it requires no changes, more TC will be rewarded.
  • If the suggestions in the quest (such as for rewards, dialog, and options) are well thought out, reasonable, and don't seem far-fetched... More TC will be awarded.

All submissions MUST follow the following format.

Quest Name

A New Adventure

Summary

The Newcomer Guide has offered to help show you around the land of Turf Battles. Befriend useful merchants, defeat overzealous pests, and learn all that this world has to offer in A New Adventure.

Level Requirement

Levels 1-300

Is this part of a quest story-line? (Are you going to create multiple quests that combine into one bigger story?)

No

Steps & Dialog

• Step 1: Speak to the Newcomer guide.
    • Newcomer Guide Dialog: Welcome to the land of Fomalhaut adventurer. For hundreds of years these lands have been plagued with darkness like no other. A product o dark magic took over these lands and let.... (You get the idea...) You can even (it's not required) suggest responses, like so.
      • Response 1: I can help!
      • Response 2: Cool story bro...
  • Step 2: The Newcomer Guide has instructed you to speak to Yuba the Potion Merchant.
    • Yuba Dialog: Greetings, my name is Yuba the Potion merchant. Will you help me kill 10 King Bee's?
      • Sure
      • No
  • Step 3: Kill 10 King Bee's outside of Ladianes and then return to Yuba.
    • Yuba Dialog: Oh wow you already killed 10 King Bee's? Great job! Here have these potions so that next time you can heal yourself in combat. Now go speak to Jukaba the Blacksmith.
    • Step Reward: 100 Soft Potions, 100 Mana Potions
  • Step X: The quest continues in this manner until it completes. Remember that you can offer rewards at each step of the quest (although just because you suggest the reward, it doesn't mean it will be given as a reward if and when the quest is added).

I look forward to reading  some new and interesting stories!

Quest Name

Exploring Rampao Dungeon

Summary

Help Yuba explore Rampao Dungeon

Level Requirement

Levels 100-300

Is this part of a quest story-line? (Are you going to create multiple quests that combine into one bigger story?)

Yes

Steps & Dialog

Step 1: Speak to Yuba the potion merchant.
            Yuba Dialog: Hello brave soul! I heard about your great battles and you seem to be expierenced to take upon this adventure, would u be able to help me ?
                Response 1:I can try...?
                Response 2:I am not ready for this...
            Yuba Dialog: Beware... this mission is not easy but as gratitude I am willing to give u great rewards along with combat expierence!
                Response 1:I am in
                Response 2:Maybe next time
            Yuba Dialog: As a potion merchant my job is to go and explore all kind of dungeons and places in hopes to find new materials for my potions production...
                         Recently I found one place that had interesting treasure boxes there but the monster is blocking my way to it
                         So I need you to kill the monster that is guarding the entrace insinde dungeon for me.
                         This might be too hard task for you alone, so you should form a party with your friends to take onto this together!
                Response 1:Consider it done!
                Response 2:This sounds too hard...

Step 2: Kill Giant Cave Mantis inside Rampao Dungeon and then return to Yuba.
            Yuba Dialog: Oh wow you did it! I must say I had doubts but u proved me wrong. Here takes this expierence and talk to me again when you ready to continue the adventure.
            Step Reward: 80% xp
        Step 3: Speak to Yuba to continue ur adventure
             Yuba Dialog: Hello there! You came back for more? Haha...worry not this one is going be easy...
                          When you killed Mantis you probably noticed the treasure boxes inside the big cave in there
                          Well anyhow go and check them out maybe u can find some great items in it!
                Response 1:Allright!
                Response 2:I am busy now...
        Step 4: Enter Rampao Dungeon and kill Stone Coffin then return to Yuba.
               Yuba Dialog:You found some pretty powerfull weapon in it huh?!
                           It should help you in your future battles and make u even more powerfull!
               Step Reward:70% xp and weapon of your class from stone coffin ( a perfect stat one 8/8/8/8 )
               Yuba Dialog:If you keep killing those Coffins you can get even more powefull stats on the weapons
                           And more important u can continue killing the monsters throughout whole dungeon to gain combat expierence!
                           Come back to me when you are ready to slay rampao monsters...

@Shockdot Something like this is good ? I could continue on if its not too wrong of a quest lol

Yes, that seems fine. It seems like it's one quest though,which is fine... but earlier in your post you said it was part of a quest line (multiple quests). Meaning you plan to submit more quests that fit this story.

I would categorize this as an educational quest, teaches the player about Rampao & some of its rewards. Might be nicer if you included a description of how the user can get to Rampao.

Also don't feel restricted to only Yuba NPC's (it fits here to use Yuba, but you can choose other NPC's or even just throw some random names and we will make the NPC's later).

1 hour ago, shockdot said:

Yes, that seems fine. It seems like it's one quest though,which is fine... but earlier in your post you said it was part of a quest line (multiple quests). Meaning you plan to submit more quests that fit this story.

I would categorize this as an educational quest, teaches the player about Rampao & some of its rewards. Might be nicer if you included a description of how the user can get to Rampao.

Also don't feel restricted to only Yuba NPC's (it fits here to use Yuba, but you can choose other NPC's or even just throw some random names and we will make the NPC's later).

Yeah i just made like a started example to see if its good so later i can increase it and develop but since its good to go i'll work on it more to expand :)

I enjoy the nastalgia of the game... so i would like to take the liberty of submitting the level 1-40 storyline due to my efficiency dry runs for mapping early level exp rates for the player.

Quest Name 

Trekking to the silent arena

And

Taming the cats

And

Wascaly warbotS

And

Killing the captains

And

King palocera!

Summary

The player takes a breif step into open beta release quest lines and kills the monsters respectively on the path until reaching the yuba at the silent arena to hand in the quest. He will show you the wild cats and advise you of the nurse and coros behind the arena aswell as mention the ghost witch to a archer looking to maximize potentials.

level requirements 

Quest requured: a new adventure

story line?

Yes, the story will flow from yuba to the guard captain to the silent arena merchant. After completing taming the cats you are required to check in with yuba who sends you to the nurse in the crystal room and advises you to continue questing in the swamp.

Guard captain in the swamp provides breif storyline for killing the lizard rascals for a repeatable Wascaly warbotS. Then the captains. And finally the palocera king quest to get you from 35-39.

At 39 you do "secret of the memorial witch" starting and finishing in the crystal room for level 50.

The crystal room npcs send you to wasteland so you can do "grouping in the desert"

Suggested party size:3

You'll return to the crystal room and begin "Taking a turf" at level 70.

Aswell as "PvE > PvP" showing the player to rest through yuba's crystal.

steps and dialogue:

trekking to the silent arena ---

step 1: yuba has quest indicator

Dialogue: "those bees were rubbish, traveler!  I have a real mission for you! There are zombie trees, mad dogs, poison crabs, and silver lycos on my way from here to the silent arena. My partner and i can't trade goods around! If you could just kill 5 of each of those monsters on your way to him, i think you'll get some good experience and when you give him this letter he'll be sure to provide you a reward!"

Choice - not a chance! I've got parties to attend.

- yeah, I'd be happy to help!

---4 slot note with the trader's seal and a giant "Y" written on it ontained---

Step 2: kill 5 of zombie trees, mad dogs, poison crabs, silver lycos.

Step 3: speak to potion npc at silent arena.

Dialogue:"What an amazing thing you've done for yuba and myself! I wish i could give you more, but I've actually been saving up this experience for a long time!"

---200%@lv 15 obtained---

---Quest COMPLETE----

Taming the cats---

Step 1: Silent arena potion merchant has a quest indicator on him

Dialogue: page 1: "you know, i only lost 10% of my level to give you all that experience? Did you also know... just like you get experience from attacking normal monsters... some monsters don't give you experience... until they die. There's a witch near here that archers could reap some rewards from... she used to drop this experience scroll for people around your level... oh well, lucky you have me!"

Choice -- okay....

Dialogue: page 2: "there's a nurse over by that hill... i hope you saved a teleport at yuba... and probably save one here by pressing "r" on your keyboard and clicking "add". Anyways... the nurse will come in handy if you die completing my assignment.

Choice ---wow! Thanks!

Dialogue: page 3: "*drinks mana potion* well... now that that's out of the way, these wild cats are taking over the arena! Go ahead and clear them out! Give me 80 kills and I'll make it worth your wild!"

Choice----that's too many.

----this better be worth it, GUY!

step 2: nurse has quest marker until spawn point is set or quest is completed.

Step 3: kill 80 wild cats

Step 4: quest complete!

Dialogue: "return to yuba with my letter this time. I'm putting you to work!"

------400% at level 30 obtained and 4 g1 rings def/dam 2/2----

------40 long range return scrolls obtained-----

Wascaly warbotS-----

Killing the captains-----

king palocera!----

taking a breif pause. This was fun! I'll definately be making more. I hope this is good Game Masters!

Edit doesn't seem to work for me >.< so...

Bare in mind, there are things changing during the flow... i think the dialogue/steps is going to be the most accurate portion. And i hope my level assessments are near correct approximation for the levels in trying to reward the players at. I could do some more research.

Is the 2/2 g1 jewlery set too much to ask for?

I mean, here it starts as g1 2/2 rings later it'll be g2 3/3 bands and then a g3 4/4 neck... all by level 70 imo.

wascaly warbots/killing the captains

Step 1: yuba has the quest indicator

Dialogue: "nobody can tell what that guy is jabbering about over there... if you could go to that huge crystal room here in town; there's a crystal marked 'swamp hill' take that crystal and talk to that guard captain... just kill the lizard rascals. No idea how many he wants..."

Step 2: swamp hill crystal has quest indicator 

Dialogue: touch the crystal to find the guard captain

Choice: ok

*****please remove mad dogs at this spawn point****

Step 3: guard captain on swamp hill has quest indicator 

Dialogue:"wascalyyyy wylin whadddaaa you doing?! Kill them!!!!"

Dialogue :(same page)translation: kill a whole castle of rascals! That's about 20. And make work of the captains aswell. I'd say there's 5 of them.

Step 4: kill 20 rascals/5 captains

Step 5: return to the guard captain

Dialogue:"sorry about that... i nearly blew a gasket flipping my wig! These invasions are getting out of hand. I'm so glad the people have reinhabited ladianes, but it's really scary... even for me! I'm elite! I stand post because I'm the strongest!

Well... if you think you're tough come back here around level 50 and I'll give you a boss to fight! You should probably just level up here until then. You seem to kill these way faster than myself.

Choice: can i fight it now?

-----dialogue: if you really want! This should help you out!

You're not skipping out on rewarding me, are you?

-----dialogue: of course not! 

--------quests complete-----------

----wascaly warbots awards 10 seph gems-----

------killing guard captains awards 400% exp and 5 teleport scrolls---

king palocera!

Step 1: swamp hill guard captain has quest indicator 

Dialogue: "ah, so you think you're ready. Well, let's get on with it. There's a butterfly in this swamp... he tends to stay around the rascals and ladies... so, go get him and show him who's boss. Bring me the head and I'll reward you well!"

Step 2: kill palocera king in swamp. 

Step 3: return to guard captain

Dialogue: "Can you keep this a secret??"

---40% @ level 40 rewarded---

choice:*** you're going to pretend you killed it?

Dialogue: of course i am! I have the head!!! Good day sir! ----quest complete---

.            ***hah... yeah, between you and me.

dialogue: guard captain runs away and drops 2x (p/m)sa/dam bands g2 3/3 stats

-----Quest complete------

Secret of the memorial witch---

Step 1: The turf shop in the crystal room has a quest indicator 

Dialogue: "player, you aren't ready for the awesome power i have.... in... STORE HAHAHAHAHA. Go to the war memorial and kill the biggest ghost witch. Return to me with what you've found."

Step 2: go through crystal and kill the biggest ghost witch at the end. 

Step 3: go back to turf shop in crystal room

Dialogue:"very nice <playername>, the witch supplys you with 100 teleports every kill... but I'll provide you with 24 hour of teleport for a reasonable quantity of TURF CASH! Check out my store... I'll give you a small sample of what you'll find in my shop."

---quest complete---

+1 bound move speed scroll

+1 bound 50% xp scroll

+1 bound 3k hp scroll

+1 bound 2k hp scroll

+1 bound magic defense scroll

+1 bound drop rate scroll

+1 v2 teleport scroll (tradable)

+1 30 minute duration teleport scroll

250% at level 40 gained.

Heavenly secrets pt1:

quest required: secret of the memorial witch

step 1: crystal room nurse has a quest indicator

Dialogue: hey! <playername>... i saw you talking to the turf shop and you'reonly level <playerLevel>... do me a favor, and go through the water town crystal and find the turf shop there. He has another quest for you.

Step 2: enter water town crystal

Step 3: find turf shop on water town center island.

Dialogue:  "player, you aren't ready for the awesome power i have.... in... STORE HAHAHAHAHA. Go to the waters and slay the fish until it drops something!. Return to me with what you've found."

Choice: that joke never gets old...

Dialogue: "accept the mission player?"

Step 4: slay fish for fish meat 1000 or 2000

Step 5: the turf shop has another quest indicator 

Dialogue:"very nice <playername>, the fish supply you with 5 minute duration 1,000 and 2,000 health boosts. I will provide you with 15 minutes of 1,000 2,000 or 3,000 health in packs of 100 for a reasonable quantity of TURF CASH! Check out my store... I'll give you a small sample of what you'll find in my shop."

---quest complete---

+1 bound move speed scroll

+1 bound 50% xp scroll

+1 bound 3k hp scroll

+1 bound 2k hp scroll

+1 bound magic defense scroll

+1 bound drop rate scroll

+1 v2 teleport scroll (tradable)

200% at level 40 gained

You probably hate how messy mind my is... and wish i could edit... xD i hope these are resourceful at least! The heavenly secrets storyline is my favorite... it's the f2p guide to TB ;)

On 3/8/2017 at 5:19 PM, IKuPAI said:

You probably hate how messy mind my is... and wish i could edit... xD i hope these are resourceful at least! The heavenly secrets storyline is my favorite... it's the f2p guide to TB ;)

I'm a bit ill right now and working on some things for the next update, I'll try and read them tomorrow. That's fine (it being messy)...

Strange that you can't edit.... I do it all the time, your browser might be blocking it. Try Chrome ;)

IKuPAI likes this

On 3/10/2017 at 9:52 PM, shockdot said:

I'm a bit ill right now and working on some things for the next update, I'll try and read them tomorrow. That's fine (it being messy)...

Strange that you can't edit.... I do it all the time, your browser might be blocking it. Try Chrome ;)

I'm in mobile chrome... but both the mobile and desktop versions Aren't sending the save function...

Just now, IKuPAI said:

Name

Grouping the desrt

Summary

The player will group up and kill any monsters in quantities of 50 in the desert until they reach level 70.

requirements

King palocera series

3+ party size (suggested)

storyline

Yuba requests the player goes and cleans up the wasteland

Honestly, this area of the game is missing a good portion of content from around 40-70

For the time being, this quest is simply a stepping stone in the series i would like to try to continue.

Just now, IKuPAI said:

steps and dialogue

Step1: yuba has quest indicator

Dialogue: <player name>, there is a massive undead army amassing in the desert! Look for the black robe to start his repeatable quest. I'll give you 1,000 to kill in case you never find him. I'll get you from level 65 to 70 if you can pull that off. If you find him,  he'll transfer your kills and you can just do 50 at a time.

Please, enter the west windmil portal. Follow the firt road past the guards to start slaying.

Step2: player kills 1,000 undeads or finds the black robe in wasteland near war memorial he was talking about.

Each 50 kills should be around 200% at level 40 on purples... so i think 50% at level 50 is fair. Maybe 200 or 300 kills with repeatables to get from 40-70.

Or you grind 1,000 of them for 500% at level 65. Thats about 1500%... the quest should take you from to 55 without the repeatable.

Repeatble should stop working after level 70. We don't need (1000/50)*50%@lv50....

I'm not sure of the math, i think thats equal.

Step3:return to yuba or black robe

quest complete!

Respective rewards

14 minutes ago, IKuPAI said:

Name

Bloodthirsty Or battle born?

summary

Players will explore the opportunity to obtain rewards from both pve and pvp, aswell as the pvp/pve turf battles offers.

requirements

Level 70! No quest requirements.

storyline

Players have gone through great effort to reach level 70. We will start this quest back at the silent arena. The vorodons will be introduced to the player, and the silent arena witch will teleport the player when he kills his first corodon in this quest back to the crystal room. All of the NPC's from precious quests are lit with quest markers! Some are telling you good luck, others selling buffs like hot dog merchants at a ball game.

But the NPC you want to talk to is the Iah crystals. From time to time they show players a human like message...

The player will be prompted to join a tribe at this point. Or they will be redirectrd to yuba who can show them the way to Rest. Where they can continue leveling from 70-100 to prepare for rampao.

steps and dialogue

Step1:The crystal room nurse has a quest marker over her head.

Dialogue: <player name>! My sister at the silent arena is telling me you've hit our favorite milestone! Go see her!!

Step2: the silent arena crystal is lit up with a quest indicator.

You teleport to the silent arena nurse and interact with her quest indicator.

Dialogue:<player name>!!!! Oh goodness, you're level 70!!! So, I'm sure you know our favorite thing in this land can't be just exterminating hordes! There are resource wealthy monsters on the islands around ladianes! So... now you finally get some fun! You're going to need an official Tribe to even step foot on the islands... the crystals are... picky like that! It's the purple ones. I sense evil energy from them.

Please, behind the silent arena there are little fluffy pet creatures! They can be quite dangerous, so... go ham! *giggles*

Step3:kill 1 corodon

Step4:the corodon teleports you to the crystal room on death one time only.

Step5: all npcs in crystal room have small dialogue, including the iah island crystal.

Step6:interact with iah crystal

Dialogue: player. These islands are highly competitive. You WILL gain, and lose friends, enemes and everything between. Remember player... the dangers on the islands are from humans. Not from the people of the island.

Step7: objectives:

**join tribe

**kill the iah island guardian

Step8:go to the defender crystal

Dialogue:leaving so soon player???

QUEST COMPLETE

So... now that i saved you some time, clean up the island!

+1 level 70-90 exp scroll

OR

14 minutes ago, IKuPAI said:

Step7b: the iah island crystal has dialogue page 2 due to <tribeless>

Dialogue: player!!! You WILL need these islands! Well... there are alternates, but... go get yourself a tribe! I'm sure <#1Tribe> isn't TOO FULL for a level 70!

While you work on that... go speak to yuba! We'll pick up where we left off whenever you get a tribe... in that case, forget yuba, he's only half as important as these islands!

Step8b:yuba has a quest indicator 

Dialogue: the harbor player... thats next. You're looking for a fountain in the middle of nowhere with bats. Level 70-100!

Or... get a tribe! Jeez.

Step9b: the robe at harbor twlls you to kill 200 windingo soldiers and 200 orcs and 50 bats.

Step 10b: the map/minimap has a quest indicator on it pointing out rest?

Step 11b: kill that stuff and reurn to the robe.

QUESTB COMPLETE! 4/4 necklace awarded for your class.