By using Turf Battles and all products associated with turfbattles.ca you hereby understand and agree to be bound by all terms contained herein in this document. If you do not agree to all terms outlined in this document, you are prohibited to use our services and must leave our website immediately, Terms of Service are subject to change, and we will notify you when the Terms of Service change.
By using turfbattles.ca and our services (Turf Battles) you agree not to engage in legal action in regards to loss of accounts, use of assets, or loss of virtual data. You also agree that you do not represent any legal agency, are related to any legal agency and are not from, or have links to such agencies. You also agree that you have not been hired as a legal advisor for any user or entity related or unrelated to turfbattles.ca and its services.
(By using turfbattles.ca and/or any of our services you agree to all the terms. If you don’t, please don’t use our services!)
To use services provided by turfbattles.ca you must make an account, our services require that you create an account. The information that you provide to us must be accurate and the accounts that are used for our services must not be shared with anyone who is not yourself (the owner of the account) we reserve the right to close down all accounts that violate this policy and ban them from using our services.
If you violate these terms, we will not provide any support or pay for any damages that may be caused by the actions of sharing your account.
(You must have an account to use Turf Battles. You must also not share your accounts, and you will not receive support if you do)
Turfbattles.ca reserves the right to terminate all accounts for whatever reason that is seen fit, turfbattles.ca will always be transparent and notify you of the reason that your accounts have been terminated. Turfbattles.ca are not responsible for theft of accounts by other users or as a result of clicking third party links, turfbattles.ca will however permanently restrict access to our services to anyone who breaks the terms of service by committing theft of accounts or digital items.
(We can ban any account that we want, but we will tell you the reason that you were banned, if your account is stolen we are not responsible)
We do not allow or tollerate the use of any method of cheating such as with (but not limited to): Hacking, Botting, Macroing, Bug Abuse, etc.
(If you cheat, ALL of your accounts will be banned. Not just the one you used to cheat.)
Real World Item Trading
We do not support or tollerate the use of real world item trading for in game goods or accounts between players. Accounts found to be in violation of this will have their accounts disabled.
(We don't allow players to buy or sell their accounts or items to other players, if you are caught doing this you will be banned.)
Turfbattles.ca provides digital items and services to its users, digital items are pieces of data that are visualised in our service (Turf Battles) turfbattles.ca is not responsible for loss of these digital items and are not obligated to return lost items that are not the fault of turfbattles.ca.
In the case of bad player behaviour, we reserve the right to delete all digital items related to the users accounts and use of our services.
(If you lose an item in the game, we will probably not give it back unless it was a bug)
Third Party Sites, Links and Services
Turfbattles.ca permits you to post third party links on our services, however these resources may contain links or content that can harm other users, when you access these websites, and you do so at your own risk. Turfbattles.ca is not responsible for any damages or loss caused by third party links. Turfbattles.ca will take action if third party links are posted maliciously but are ultimately indemnified from all damages and losses caused by propagation of such third party content.
(You can post links to websites on our services. If they contain harmful content, we are not responsible)
User created content
Turfbattles.ca supports the creativity of its users and actively participates in ensuring users can create content. Turfbattles.ca allows for the creation of content, our assets cannot be used for commercial products or services, the one exception to this rule is user made videos or “media” or free* applications. A free application is an application that is distributed for free, with no micro-transactions. We do permit advertising inside free applications. Users are allowed to make money from videos that are posted on third party websites. All content that users create using assets or the name Turf Battles or any related turfbattles.ca services are hereby owned by turfbattles.ca.
(Users can create content, they can make money from videos and free applications as long as they don’t charge users, all content created by users can be used by us.)
Due to the nature of the services turfbattles.ca provides, refunds are unable to be processed unless we provide the wrong price for our digital items or services. This is because Turf Battles is a real time service; all digital items purchased are instantly applied to our services and affect our services. If you still want to go ahead with a refund by forcibly disputing it, despite all of the aforementioned statements, we will have no choice but to ban your accounts, restrict any further use of our services and delete all digital items related to you, and the accounts that have handled these digital items.
(We don’t provide refunds because users get items in-game instantly and it affects the game. If you dispute it with PayPal or another payment processor, we will ban you forever and delete all items that were ever handled by your account.)
- our websites, whether at www.turfbattles.ca or other uniform resource locators (URLs) owned or operated by us,
- our products and services, including without limitation those that we provide via our websites, other third party platforms, and desktop and mobile applications (collectively, all of the foregoing in clauses (1) and (2) are referred to as our "Services").
This policy does not apply to:
- the practices of companies that we do not own or control,
- people that we do not employ or manage,
- third party websites, whether linked to or from our Services,
- information that you provide to us for purposes of seeking employment, provision of services to us, business proposals or similar matters,
- information that you provide to us unsolicited,
- information that we collect offline.
Information That We Collect
We may collect different information from you when you use our Services. The following are examples to help you better understand the types of information that we collect.
- Information That You Provide Directly
When you use our Services, we may collect information that you provide to us directly, including without limitation:
Registration and Profile Information. Your username, password, and other related information for purposes of registration or creating a profile.
Payment Information. Your credit card numbers and other billing information for completing transactions.
Publicly Shared Information. Information that you share publicly via our Services, such as postings in community forums, message boards and blogs, chat in public channels, and your public profile. (Please be aware that such information is public information. You should not expect privacy or confidentiality under these circumstances, and we shall not be liable in any way for disclosure of such information.)
Information for Customer Support. Information that you provide when you contact us for assistance or to report a problem.
Friends List. Your friends list (e.g. if you refer others to our Services or form a group within our Services).
Sweepstakes/Promotions. Information that you provide in order to participate in sweepstakes and promotions.
- Information Collected Through Technology
We collect information through technology to make our Services more useful and interesting to our users, including without limitation:
Log Files. Like most Internet services, we may also use log files on the server side. The data held in log files includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit websites, device type, date/time stamp, and user activity (e.g., feature usage, user rankings, game statistics).
Temporary Files. In addition, the software enabling our websites may have associated log and temporary files that are stored on our servers. These files store your account information, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to enable you to use our Services. Your information may also exist within regularly performed server backups. This information is collected on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
Patches. When any game or application is updated or "patched," our patch routine may check your device to see that you have the most recent version of the files.
On an aggregated and anonymous basis, we may also collect other information through technology, such as information on our users' hardware, operating systems, and usage patterns.
- Information Received Through Your Third Party Platform Account and Mobile Device
When you use or connect to our Services on or through a third party platform, such as a social networking site (including using a third party platform account to sign into our Services), you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your third party platform profile/account as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the third party platform. The information you allow us to access and collect varies, depending on the Service you use, the terms of the third party platform and your privacy setting there. You may be able to disallow the third party platform from providing us with certain information about you by changing your privacy settings there.
If you use a our Services via a mobile device, we may, in accordance with the terms of any applicable agreement with the mobile device carrier (and as allowed by your privacy settings) collect certain information such as your unique device identifier (a number automatically assigned to your mobile or wireless device), device type, and information you choose to provide or share, such as e-mail address.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, primarily for operating and improving our Services. Our uses include without limitation:
- Communications. Communications with you about your account and our Services, such as new features and offerings.
- Services. Providing our Services, such as fulfilling requests and resolving customer support issues.
- Analysis. Analyzing trends and user behavior to improve our Services and develop new Services.
- Protection. Protecting our Services from misuse and, as may be necessary or appropriate in our determination, to protect the safety and security of our users, employees and third parties, or the integrity of our Services.
- Among other forms of communications, we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide game updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the "options" or "settings" page within the mobile application. You also may be able to manage them from your device's settings page.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
We will not share your personal information with unrelated third party advertisers.
We will only share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Our Service Providers. We may utilize or partner with other companies to provide our Services, such as vendors and service providers that analyze customers' interaction with our Services, and handle consumer surveys, or companies that co-develop or co-publish games with us. While providing their services, these companies may access your personal information, but we will direct them to maintain the confidentiality of such information and use it solely for performing the applicable services.
- Mergers and Corporate Transactions. In the event that we undergo a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, corporate divestiture or dissolution, a sale of assets, or similar transactions, we may share, disclose or transfer your information, including personal information, to the other organizations that are parties to such transactions.
- Sweepstakes and Promotions. We may share your information in connection with any sweepstakes or promotions you enter in connection with our Services, as necessary to administer, market, sponsor, administer or fulfill them or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- Offers. Our Services may display "offers" that are hosted by third party providers. The offers may, for example, provide virtual currency to users in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer. To properly credit user accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier, in some cases your user ID, may be shared with the offer providers. Please be aware that, after clicking on one of these offers, you will no longer be on our Services, and information that you provide will go directly to the third party provider.
Security of Your Information
We are committed to safeguarding your information, and we implement reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information. We also constantly update our technology with the goal of better protecting your information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will not occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, to use strong passwords, to log out of your account after use, and to use different passwords for different services with different companies. It is important that you also help protect and maintain the security of your account. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use.
We will not knowingly collect, use or retain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, for any purpose whatsoever (including internal or external marketing or promotional purposes). If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us.
Right to Access
Users in certain jurisdictions have a right to access personal information held about themselves. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. Please submit any requests for access to your personal data in writing to email@example.com